Wednesday, May 15, 2013

This and that



Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it’s been 3 months since I’ve been on here. Bad Mommy! And all my photos are gone!!!! What happened?!?!?! I’ve now tried to get the pics back but I can’t remember which pics were where. Guess I’ll have to make up for it in this post 

So, an update…

First Matthew:
My Mr is now almost 2 years and 4 months old. He is talking up a storm and can string together 3 to 4 word sentences. We can understand him and he can finally make his wishes known now. We have times where he goes back to his baby gibberish but we understand him most of the time.

Deep in thought

Potty training went soooo well! It took him about a week to get the hang of the potty. He made a few oopsies here and there but that was expected. The next week, the crèche says that we need to get rid of the potty now and move him to the big toilet, as that is what they’re using at the crèche and Mr doesn't want to stand and wee. It’s been 2 and a half months now and I am a proud mommy of 1 fully potty trained little boy. He does all his business in the toilet. Tells us before the time, and in all this time, he has wet his bed about 4 times during the night. The only thing that gets to me a little is something the DH taught him. If we’re all outside he won’t go inside to go potty. Mr pulls his pants down and does his business right there where he’s standing. Need to work on this one a bit.
  
Potty time

Other than that, he is doing well. They've moved him to the bigger class at the crèche. He’s picked up so much more now and I can see how good the older children are for him.
  

My happy lil dude


Me:
I've applied for an internal position here at work and it’s been almost 3 weeks and I’m still waiting on an answer from them. Holding thumbs as this is exactly what we need. I’m struggling with the weight loss. I've tried the Paleo Reboot. I had every intention of going through with it but finances honestly do not allow for it. I can hardly afford a loaf of bread, never mind meats for the week and coconut oil and almond flour. Hopefully I can get this job and we can go back to being financially stable.

DH has been working in Hermanus during the week and coming home weekends. It’s the 8th week this week. This has been extremely hard for more than one reason. Firstly, Matthew misses his dad and asks me every night when I go pick him up “Where Daddy?” This breaks my heart. And weekends, DH can’t go anyway without him. He’s obviously scared that if Daddy goes anywhere without him, he won’t see him again. Being a single parent is hard but at least it’s only during the week.

I am extremely broody at the moment, and on 8 April, after getting AF on the 5th, I told DH that I was very sad that I had gotten AF because I wanted to be pregnant. He didn't take this very well. I understand that our finances is an issue right now, but it’s not going to be like this forever. But that isn't why he was upset. He then told me that he doesn't feel for me the way he used to anymore. In other words, he fell out of love with me. He said that even though I told him almost every day that I love him, he didn't feel like I showed it. It is very hard hearing someone you love with all your heart tell you that they don’t love you anymore. It’s been 4 weeks since this happened and even though I’m yet to hear an “I love you”, we are still together and working on it. Please say a little prayer for us that we can salvage our marriage.

Other than that, things are good with me and my family. We have some issues but nothing we can’t work on and fix. 


Oh and I finally wrote about something that happened to me when I was younger. It is liberating to finally get it off my chest. But I'm struggling with whether to share it... Need to think about this.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kim - lovely update about M - well done, he is a gorgeous little dude!
    Holding thumbs for the promotion at work; and will pray for you and your hubby. So glad that you're working at it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debs. I have seen some progress in our marriage with us working on it. It's small changes but definitely worth it.
      Thank you for reading and for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. Special update Kim, well done @ potty training, that's brilliant! I can't wait for Mia to be nappy-free.
    Sorry to hear about things between you and hubby, will keep you in my prayers Kim.
    Matthew is super adorable, I LOVE that kaal-boude pose!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! That kaal boude pic is one of my favourites as well.
      Thank you for the prayers. I really do appreciate it. Things are not hunky dory yet but we are working on it and things are slowly improving. Guess I also needed a wake up call :)
      Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!

Toddler birthday ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers